Health Benefits of Yoga and Meditation: The Ultimate Combination
November 05, 2021 | By StayHappi Pharmacy
Updated On - November 24, 2021
For thousands of years, people have been practicing yoga and meditation in India and around the world that brings your mind and body together and helps you to lead a healthy and happy life. Yoga is a spiritual practice that incorporates different kinds of poses that improves your physical and mental health. Meditation is best described as a good teacher for your mind that can help you to reach different levels of awareness, relaxation, and consciousness. Both yoga and meditation work hand in hand and bring much-needed harmony and strength to your much-occupied lives.
Yoga and meditation has several amazing benefits that will help you to keep yourself healthier and stronger inside out-
- Yoga and meditation help in toning your body and giving you immense relaxation which is the need of the hour when everyone is struggling to deal with coronavirus and has a hectic work schedule.
- Doing yoga and meditation regularly can increase your body flexibility and provide you an inner strength to fight stress and deal with anxiety. With correct yoga postures, and asana one is able to get rid of common ailments like headaches, backaches, etc.
- Yoga and meditation have different kinds of postures and positions that function the whole body and joints to work properly, which you may not get by doing different kinds of exercises.
- All thanks to yoga and meditation you can even control your blood pressure. Yes, you read it right! There is no more need to rely on medicines as you can take full control of your body in your own hands by practicing yoga and meditation on a regular basis. Yoga can help you discover how you can regulate your blood pressure, your respiratory system, stress level, and metabolism rate.
- Practicing yoga regularly can stimulate your muscle without working out too hard, resulting in getting rid of extra fat even without sweating. While meditation would help in improving your general health and increases the blood flow as your body cells will receive more oxygen and nutrients. Meditation also helps in improving your concentration power, gives great strength to your mind and body, and provides great guidance to your body to function properly.
- For a night of good sleep, meditation is very important as it relaxes your body and lowers the need for your oxygen consumption by up to 20%, leading to a deep state of relaxation and happiness. It further helps in reducing premenstrual syndrome and anxiety attacks.
- Yoga and meditation play a great role in keeping your heart healthy and avoiding any heart-related diseases. Meditation can keep your heart in shape by increasing your blood flow. It also influences your mood and behavior to always work in your favor.
- One can avoid emotional distress with meditation. Everyday faces emotional bursts out in this busy life of today even if you are not aware of it. If you don’t want these emotions to overpower you, relaxation benefits can be easily found through meditation that will always keep you calm and composed.
- Yoga and meditation practices emerged as the best complementary therapy that takes you on a way towards a happier and healthier lifestyle.
- Core strength, balance and posture are what you can improve by practicing meditation, and yoga. It can give you much strength to do your yoga poses and lead a healthy life ahead.