Best Ways to Stay Hydrated in Summer

Best Ways to Stay Hydrated in Summer

According to a study, 70% of the human body is made of water. This signifies that water is the most important and crucial element for all living things. Intake of water and other fluids will help supply necessary nutrients to the whole body and remove waste. Sufficient intake of water also helps in maintaining good blood circulation and body temperature. Without water, the body becomes dehydrated, which leads to many problems like constipation, unpleasant sensations, fatigue, thirst, and muscle cramp. Taking enough water each day will help in the body's proper functioning and give enough immunity to fight fever, flu, and viral. Getting enough water every day especially helps in beating the heat in summers.

Here are the incredible ways to beat the heat this summer: -

Drink plenty of water

Water is the main source of staying hydrated. It is important to drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water each day. Plain water is the best way to hydrate your body and stay healthy. It is advisable to carry a water bottle everywhere you go. You can start your day by drinking a cup of water soon after you wake up and a glass of water before you sleep. Also, when you have water a few minutes before your meal will help you stay full and avoid overeating.

Intake foods with high water content

According to a report, 80% of the water intake comes from the water, and the rest 20% comes from food. Try adding fruits and vegetables with higher water content to your diet that includes strawberries, watermelon, grapefruit, tomatoes, cucumbers, cauliflower, celery, spinach, and broccoli.

Avoid caffeine and alcohol

Some drinks like coffee, tea, energy drinks, flavored milk, beer, wine, and hard liquor are packed with high sugar content, sodium, and other ingredients that further remove water from your tissues. The more you consume them, the more you feel dehydrated. So, try to avoid them as much as you can.

Try out different juices and coconut water

If you are not a regular water drinker, you can try infusing some flavors to the water to stay hydrated, like adding lemons or artificial sweeteners. By doing this, you are able to drink more water than you usually do. Also, you can try different kinds of juices with high water content like berries, orange, mint, and pomegranate. For a healthier route, you can try coconut water high in minerals and comes packed with potassium, calcium, and magnesium.

Eat small light meals in the summer.

Eating heavy food can raise your body temperature, which is not good in this hot weather. When the heat is already robbing your energy, try to drink plenty of cool water to keep yourself hydrated and reduce your body temperature. It is not advisable to skip your meals, but you should try having less oily, small, and light meals that won't leave you very thirsty. Also, try avoiding cold drinks and alcoholic drinks that can snatch water from your body that you may require.

SHARE WITH

  • Share via whatsapp